The FIB CID area is located in the unincorporated portion of southwest Fulton County. It is roughly bordered by the Chattahoochee River to the West, Interstate 285 to the North, Campbellton Road to the South and Camp Creek Boulevard and the residential areas to the east of Fulton Industrial Boulevard to the East.
FIB is the “spine” roadway that serves the entire corridor. It is approximately 9.5 miles in length as it transverses the industrial area and is the main access point into the various industrial areas that constitute the overall FIB area. Other key access points:
- FIB is approximately 9 miles to the west of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- FIB is approximately 10 miles from the heart of downtown Atlanta.
- FIB is approximately two miles from the intersection of I-20 and Interstate 285
- The Fulton Industrial Study Area encompasses roughly 4,800 acres of land. Within that area there is approximately 46.1 million SF of industrial inventory. There are approximately 553 industrial buildings in the inventory.
- 1450,000 AADT on I-20 and 35,000 AADT on FIB
- Thus, the Fulton Industrial Area represents one of the largest concentrations of industrial space and key employment center in the Atlanta region. FIB benefits from its ready access for businesses seeking to serve the Atlanta region as well as clients throughout the Southeast.